Tuesday 6 November 2007

Virgin Active

I'm sure you've all heard the reports by now that we're trying to sell Virgin Active for about a billion pounds. Yep, it's true.

I really enjoyed building Virgin Active. We made a huge purchase last year of the chain "Holmes Place." They were a rather poor chain that didn't inspire any vibrancy. We re-branded them as Virgin Active, made some key upgrades here and there, and now the whole businesses is going quite well.

I viewed my investment here as rather strategic. How else do you think we keep our flight attendants fit and looking like this?



I have to spend some time each week at Virgin Active to keep myself as fit as I am. Well, only when I'm in London. When I'm in paradise my fitness just takes care of itself.

Warm regards,
Sir Dick

No comments: