Monday 8 October 2007

Losing My Virginity - a late review

So even though I published "Losing My Virginity" ages ago, it's still getting good reviews.

Check out TJ's site here for his review. Some of my favourite quotes are:

The story of setting up Virgin Atlantic along all those setbacks is equally telling - Branson managed to brush aside all obstacles with luck, determination and sheer desperation sometimes.


and

As the title puts it - a must read for every entrepreneur.


Now TJ doesn't put the traditional disclaimer on this; while it's certainly a must-read if you want to be successful, it certainly doesn't guarantee success, and it certainly doesn't guarantee that you'll become a multi-billionaire like me. (Let alone the island paradise.)

I succeeded because I knew a hit when I had one, and I knew if I wanted to have a lot of hits, I had to try a lot of different things. (I've never been that good at focusing.) In my particular case, I took bigger and bigger leaps and had more and more successes. Of course when you develop something like the Virgin style that always focuses on your customer you're always going to be better off.

If you're interested in the book, just click on the picture of the book in the left-hand column of this page, and you'll be taken to the Amazon.com page for it.

Warm regards,
Sir Dick

No comments: