Wednesday 3 October 2007

Inviting more journalists into my home

I've mentioned before how much I detest inviting idiots into my homes, particularly my Necker Island paradise.

Well, I recently had to invite a couple of coaches of journalists to my Oxfordshire home. Over a hundred of them showed up because, well, I'm Richard Branson. They want to see my house, check out the neighborhood, because they'll never be able to afford anything near me. (There's less risk in reporting news than making it, and clearly less reward.)

I managed to get a little revenge, though. The A40 had massive tailbacks, so they were sitting in those coaches for a VERY long time.

What were they doing there? Well, I finally got around to launching a television channel, called Virgin 1. We've got great new shows like The Riches, which stars Eddie Izzard. (How many tele stations in the US would feature a transvestite comedian? They don't have that Virgin-style, baby!) We're starting small, but we'll be beating Sky One and all of the other s**t channels here in the UK soon. I mean, if they just do live coverage of the V Festival they'll get huge ratings from that alone!

Warm regards,
Sir Dick

No comments: