Friday 31 August 2007

Worship your heroes, courtesy of me




One of my many ventures is Virgin Comics, which I understand should be popular amongst the 10 to 15-year-old geeks out there. (I was always a sex, drugs, and Rock and Roll kid, myself. Which is how the Virgin empire began!)

But one comic hero was always close to my heart, Dan Dare. He was a swashbuckling pilot, going on adventures around the world. I've done my best to live up to him, and have to say I've largely out-classed him.

The Dan Dare comics ended almost 40 years ago, and they are long overdue for a renaissance, so that's what Virgin Comics is doing: bringing back a hero! This guy is the real deal, and I'm happy to say that Sir Dick played a part in bringing him to life again.

So look for more announcements on this soon. And if you don't want to look at real-life people for inspiration (for example, me), then you can at least find that inspiration in a comic-book-hero.

No comments: